Scholarships for Women & Families in Need
Although we provide low-cost, sliding scale counseling and therapy, cost can be quite a challenge for some women and their families. Often women find themselves in a crisis situation and in need of help but cost can be a real challenge.
Your financial gifts will provide a scholarship for individual or group therapy for a woman in need of financial assistance.
New Day Women’s Center is a 501c3 non-profit organization. To make a tax-deductible donation, make checks payable to New Day Women’s Center and mail to:
New Day Women’s Center, 5575 Lake Park Way, Suite 100, La Mesa, CA 91942.
Could you picture, for a moment, a woman facing the hardest day of her life…whether it be that her husband is asking for a divorce, or she has found nude texts on her daughter’s phone, or has learned of her husband’s affair or pornography addiction, or finances are such that she is losing her home, or that the general stressors of life have become so overwhelming that she struggles to even get out of bed to face another day… These are just some of the stories commonly heard from the women we serve at New Day!
Consider these statistics which are as common within the church, as in the secular community:
- The divorce rate among committed Christians is 38%
- 62% of teens and young adults have received a sexually explicit image and 41% have sent one (usually from/to their boy/girlfriend or friend)
- 70% of men ages 18-34 view porn monthly leaving their wives with betrayal trauma symptoms much like those suffered by affairs
- 1 in 4 adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder (including anxiety and depression) in a given year
- 59% of pastors have counseled one or more people who were eventually diagnosed with an acute mental illness. 22% of pastors agree that they are reluctant to get involved with those dealing with acute mental illness
As you know, New Day Women’s Center is a faith-based community for all women of all backgrounds to connect through opportunities for personal, professional and spiritual growth. We believe that by offering quality workshops, seminars, classes, support groups, counseling and coaching services that are relevant to what’s going on in our lives, we can help women become stronger, happier and healthier in ways that will have an impact on their families, workplace and community.
God is calling us to expand our outreach because more women and their family members need to gain support and resources for facing life circumstances and prevalent mental health challenges.
- Give financially – become a monthly New Day Hope Partner (ACH or Credit Card Debit)
- Give a seed gift for our expansion
- Become involved at the Center as a volunteer or prayer partner